Monday, March 3, 2008

Onza Barends! 03.04.08

Here is a set of Onza Stoggie Barends which date back to the late 90's. These are 'OOP' or out-of-production. It seems that most riders don't use barends anymore but then again perhaps it is just a matter of preference. I, however, tried to ride w/o them and feel like I have no place to anchor my hands and therefore transmit full body motion into the pedal stroke. I feel this necessary for both comfort and efficient power transfer.

I have a set of Onza's on my GT which came stock when I purchased it back in '98. Now their design is almost identical to the Stoggies but have a 45 degree bend added to the end so I'm hoping that I can get similar ergonomics from these. My fingers are also crossed that the yellow matches the frame paint seein's how I ordered 'em from Europe. The darn shipping was more than the barends!! Oh wo is me.



No comments: